How To Write A Perfect Essay
TABLE OF CONTENT
How to write a perfect essay.
Essay assignments are among the most common and numerous assignments students receive throughout their academic journeys. All essay assignments constitute the final grade, whether in high school, college, or university. Thus, each student strives to submit a well-structured, informative, and engaging essay paper to guarantee a better academic grade.
As much as a student’s abilities seem perfect, some essay assignments can challenge their capabilities. Writing an ideal essay demands effort, time, and dedication to complete outstandingly.
With tight deadlines comes the pressure to achieve. Thus, most students feel overwhelmed when completing their academic essays independently and often seek “Professional essay writing services for assistance.
Are you one of the students who find it challenging to compose well-researched, structured, and organized essays? Worry no more; you are at the right place; we will provide a step-by-step guide to how you can perfect your writing skills and how to write outstanding essay papers. Before we can dig deep into the steps to write a perfect essay, let’s see the fundamental concepts distinguishing a good piece from a poorly written one.
What’s an essay?
This is a piece of writing written in response to a given topic and is mainly aimed at convincing your professor you fully understand concepts learned in class. To ensure you can write a perfect essay, several considerations must be included to ensure that the whole article flows in an ideal manner.
The main parts of an essay include the Introduction, body, and conclusion. Notably, a standard 5 paragraph essay will provide enough information to your professor to evaluate your writing, research, and understanding skills. However, longer papers like research papers and dissertations deserve more paragraphs.
What makes a perfect essay?
The primary purpose of an essay is to present an actual argument with supporting facts based on a specific question. Mainly aiming at persuading the reader that your stance on a particular motion is correct, credible, arguable, and reasonable. Thus, what makes a good essay:
Primarily a good essay relies on a specific writing style all through.
- It is clear and concise, with arguable points.
- It mainly relies on statics and facts to support a specific argument.
- The essay has a primary focus, explains everything in detail, and is descriptive.
- The essay follows all the idea essay structure and relates to your topic.
- Each body paragraph discusses a specific issue and answers all questions concerning your essay topic.
Buh, now the real question is how do you go about writing your essay in a format that is ideal for your essay and follows all your paper requirements? Also, how can you ensure you follow all the instructions stated above to guarantee a better grade on submitting your paper? Read on to get the knowledge you need to enhance your writing skills. Below is a step-to-step guide to writing a perfect essay.
The essay structure.
Composing academic essays means forming an argument from a set of ideas. This demands excellent writing and research skills. An excellent essay should have a logical structure where all arguable points are well explained to answer the essay’s question in an ideal manner.
It is true to note that different essays have additional requirements and different citation styles. Besides this, all essays follow a similar pattern which is made up of three sections. Follow our procedure; this will help you significantly improve your writing skills, remain on track, and help you pass a point more ideally. Below is the typical essay structure:
- Introduction section.
A perfect essay paper should have a solid introductory sentence to draw the reader’s attention. It should provide the readers with a comprehensive summary of the essay subject and crucial information to support it.
Present ideas to be discussed in the essay in the perfect order. This ensures that the readers get the urge to read the whole paper. Make sure to close your Introduction with a strong thesis statement. This statement establishes the crucial argument, central idea, or critical points the essay tries to establish.
- Body paragraph.
The body section is primarily made up of 3 or more body paragraphs depending on the length of your essay paper. This is where you present your information, provide supporting evidence and explain your argument.
Each topic sentence, similar to your introductory sentence, should summarize what you intend to discuss in that paragraph. Ensure each paragraph has a primary issue to discuss and provide supporting proof, statistics, and citations. A substantial body paragraph should also contain the following:
- A solid subject statements.
- Strong support evidence.
- A definite concluding sentence to back up the thesis statement.
- Conclusion section.
This is the part where you restate your thesis statement. It covers all significant points covered in the whole essay. Also, be sure to affirm your arguments in this section. This provides a complete summary of your main ideas and shows your stance on the essay question, also, in the conclusion section, including the implications of your research.
A step-by-step guide on how to write a perfect essay
Choose Your Essay Format.
In this part, you need to identify the kind of paper you are writing. Main essay types include
- Descriptive essays – Descriptive essays require you to describe something, be it an object, someone, a place, a situation, emotion. Etc. The primary objective of descriptive essays is to enhance students’ abilities to describe and write an account of a particular experience.
- Persuasive essays– Also known as argumentative essays. This essay comprises three parts, issue, side, and argument. They primarily aim to convince the reader that your opinion is correct using supporting evidence.
- Informative essays– An informative essay educates the reader on a given topic. Mainly have several functions, including defining terms, comparing and contrasting different objects, and data analysis.
- Explanatory essays– also known as expository essays. Explanatory essays explain what something is and how it evolved or developed. For instance, ho to make cocktail juice.
Essay format and citation style.
Essays follow a specific format and consist of 3 sections, The Introduction, The body, and the conclusion. Following a specified format all through is very important. Your paper requirements and guidelines should give your paper direction all through.
Most commonly, essays follow a similar formatting style. As much as single-spaced essays are acceptable, double-spaced ones are the most satisfactory.
Also, it looks more better when you precisely describe each paragraph. Lastly, popular fonts applicable for academic essays include Times New Roman, Calibri (Body), and Arial.
Regarding citation styles, there are different ways to cite your sources. Your citation style primarily depends on your institution’s academic guidelines and policies and your paper instructions. The most common citation styles include:
- American Psychological Association (APA) is the most commonly used style for students specializing in Education, Psychology, and sciences.
- Modern Language Association (MLA) is the preferred style for humanities subjects.
- Chicago style is mainly used for all business, history, and arts subjects.
Remember always to pay attention to your paper’s requirements, as your professor will include which citation style you will use for your essay—usually accompanied by your class assignment.
Identify Your Topic
It’s now time to decide on your preferred topic. When brainstorming, you will ask yourself, “What can I write about?”. Write down everything that crosses your mind to allow you to narrow it down to a more specific topic.
Brainstorming is crucial as it helps you develop and understand what your essay requires. Additionally, it enables you to view your topic’s different aspects more deeply. Things to keep in mind when brainstorming.
- Ensure you have unlimited access to all learning materials before starting your paper. Be sure to choose a topic you are primarily interested in and familiar with, as it will be easier to write and enjoyable to research on your paper.
- Identify the sole purpose of your paper. Do you aim to inform or persuade your readers to agree with your argument? This ensures that you stay within the intention of your essay. It also allows your audience to understand and flow with your ideas more easily.
- Identify the scope of your paper. This means at which point do you plan to carry out your research on your paper? Ensure your research is manageable and shallow. This makes it easier for the general audience to understand what you are passing through.
- Simple heading. Ensure you don’t use complicated titles, it should be simple, short, unambiguous, and concise. It should best describe what your paper aims to discuss in the best way. Make it catchier and more attractive to grab your reader’s attention.
This will ensure that your readers can better get a piece of your essay simply and concisely.
How To Start Your Paper.
To come up with a comprehensive and well-organized essay, you must conduct extensive research on your question. Besides, having solid arguments and supporting facts would be best to pass a claim to your audience.
Besides conducting online searches or utilizing library resources, you could also use physical interviews with affected groups. This will give you in-depth knowledge of your topic. It will also help you organize ideas in an ideal manner that appeals to your readers.
Come Up With A Strong Thesis Statement.
This is the last sentence in your introductory paragraph stating what the essay will discuss. The thesis statement will sum up the crucial points of your essay. It would be best to make your thesis statement clear as it will help your readers understand what your paper will be discussing. A clear thesis statement will draw your reader’s attention and urge them to read.
Create An Outline
Your essays outline will serve as your paper’s backbone and steer you to the end. Your outline ensures nothing is left behind, your paper is well organized, and your ideas flow perfectly. An overview will help you write the whole document from the start to the end. You can use it to point out key arguments, ideas, and supporting evidence to support your views.
How to create an outline.
Let’s look at what an outline looks like and what to include in each section.
Have a hooking topic sentence.
Short and concise subtopics discussed.
Have a strong thesis statement.
A strong topic sentence – this must explain your first subtopic to your essay and should always be opened with transition words.
Claim: A claim is a crucial argument you will defend throughout your essay.
Supporting evidence includes evidence that will be used to support your argument.
Explanation: Provide supporting context as to why your evidence supports your claim.
Concluding sentence: Sum up your paragraph’s fundamental argument.
Restate your thesis statement
Sum up your key arguments
Provide findings and recommendations.
- Write your essay
Having a clear outline to guide you all through, you can easily create a well-researched, organized, and detailed essay paper.
Write your first draft.
It’s true to say that human is to error, and we cannot always get something perfect on the first trial. Thus, the sole purpose of a draft is to help you point out critical mistakes that need correction before submission. A first draft is very important; review it several times to ensure it’s perfect and contains no grammatical errors. What to check
- Check the clarity of your paper – Remove all unnecessary or repeated sections. Be sure to check and correct all grammatical mistakes.
- Check if your paper flows all through. Be sure to add transition words to link up all paragraphs.
- Ensure your paper answers fully to your paper’s prompt and strictly follows your paper’s requirements.
You must support your thesis statement in your paragraphs. Ensure each section has a topic sentence to tell your readers what will be discussed in your paragraph. Also, be sure that your essay flows all through. Lastly, use transition words, which are crucial in connecting all sections.
- Check for grammatical and typo errors.
After you are done writing up your essay, you’ll need to take some time to reread your essay and identify mistakes that need correction. Also, check for all technical, spelling, grammar, and typo errors. Ensure that your essay flows perfectly by utilizing transition words all through.
Are you still finding it challenging to come up with a perfect essay? Worry not; ask, “Who can write my essay for me” Or “Who can do my research paper for me” Our experts at Reseachpaperpro.com will write an outstanding paper for you.
Need help writing your essay paper?
Do you still have challenges completing your essay paper? You can always reach out to us if you need history assignment help or biology assignment help. Our professionals will assist you in completing any academic assignment paper your professor assigns you. Researchpaperpro.com experts are ready to offer quality assistance with your assignment needs.
We have a panel of knowledgeable, professional writers with the expertise to assist you in completing your papers. If you are caught up by your assignment deadline and feel like asking, “Who can write my essay for me?” we got your back. We have qualified experts who can write unique and original papers per your requirements.