Choose a cultural group from outside the United States and research their health disparities, behaviors, and beliefs:
- Focusing on your chosen group, explain the structural bias, social inequities, and racism as social determinants of their health.
- Discuss your chosen groups’ challenges to achieving health equity at organizational, community and societal levels.
- Utilize health indicators and/or descriptive epidemiology, as applicable in this context.
- The following are expected:
- Identify and describe cultural group from outside the United States in terms of history, geography, and characteristics.
- Identify disparities by comparing descriptive epidemiology of identified cultural group to majority cultural group within that country or region.
- Describe common preventive and protective health behaviors, sick-role behaviors, illness behaviors and societal health behaviors.
- Describe commonly held attitudes, beliefs, and values.
- Discuss socio-economic, language, political, religious, social inequities, and racism as social determinants of their health disparity by highlighting challenges to achieving health equity at organizational, community, and societal levels.